ESP Safety Shelter SR84X114G
- - Internal 80”L x 110“W x 76”H
- - External 87“L x 117”W x 78“H
- -Up to 20 Person Private / 12 Person Business
- ESP Storm Shelter that will provide near absolute protection from EF5 Tornado strikes.
- The ESP Shelter doubles as a “Panic Room” that will provide a high level of protection for you and your family against intruders.
- Versatile and strong enough to act as vault that provides protection for your valuables and other personal belongings. It is not fire rated due to the design requirements to withstand severe storms.
- The entire shelter is made from 3/16” (0.188”) thick carbon steel, all hardware is Grade 5, and the majority of all surfaces are powder coated for ultimate in protection and appearance.
- The door design and the materials used each critical aspects of any safety/storm shelter. The Swisher ESP Safety Shelter has a sliding reinforced steel door that is unique to the market and eliminates all the problems commonly associated with inward or outward swinging doors.
- When opened, the sliding door takes up no additional space inside or outside of the shelter. Also, because the door does not open outward, the likelihood of being trapped by debris after an event is greatly reduced or eliminated.
- A very high grade Security Grade Deadbolt is used to hold the latch bar into the locked position and to keep the door from being opened from the outside.
- Three steel pins securely lock the door closed within a 3” deep steel jamb pocket. The ESP’s design does not rely solely on deadbolts as the primary locking mechanism.
- The door on the Swisher ESP Safety Shelter has a 4th locking pin that can only be installed and removed from the inside. Even if the security deadbolt is damaged from the outside, with this pin properly installed, the door will never open (unless the inhabitants removing this pin).
- A single handle operation locks all three pins into place in a single motion. There is never any need to waste precious time trying to lock three or four deadbolts to secure your door.
- The ESP Shelter does not rely solely on hinges to support and secure the door to the hinge jamb. When our door is in the closed position the entire hinge side (top to bottom) is locked into the adjacent front wall. No screws to pull out or pins that may break.
- Shielded air vents allow uninterrupted air flow
- Quick release sliding door design allows opening when blocked by debris and reduces space required for operation
- Quick manipulating locking mechanism works in conjunction with a security grade latch/key lock
- Emergency panels for rapid shelter exit with an emergency wrench included
- Bolt together modular design for ease of construction and relocation
- Benches, shelving, built in gun racks and emergency type kits are available